Japan Inc’s appetite for cross-border deals appears to be returning as vaccination programs roll out globally. Which regions and/or sectors will be first to see deal interest from Japanese corporates as travel bans are lifted and in-person due diligence can be conducted? And in a post-COVID world, what are the key issues dealmakers need to be mindful of?
Meanwhile, at home, deal activity continues to heat up with MBOs, corporate carve-outs, and founder-backed businesses seeking buyers. Japan is also seeing heightened interest from activists, in line with the increase in take-privates and merger activity. What can dealmakers do to prepare before becoming the target of activist campaigns?
Time to Login to the Virtual Briefing
Live Virtual Briefing starts
In this live panel, we take stock of M&A activity in Japan and consider the outlook for the rest of the year, including:
- Overview of Q1 2021 M&A activity and insight
- What cross-border opportunities will open up as global vaccination campaigns are rolled out?
- Which sectors will witness the most deal activity, and why?
- As activist presence in Japan deepens, what can dealmakers do to prepare before becoming the target of campaigns?
- How are M&A transactions being conducted and what are the essential tools while travel remains curtailed?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close